One has to ask oneself... Why pay $6,500 or more for a machine when the Vibiemme DOMOBAR SUPER Double Boiler can offer similar quality in your cup for a much lower price? Why save a few dollars on other double boiler machines, only to short-change oneself on the research and design that the Vibiemme DOMOBAR SUPER Double Boiler espresso machine has to offer?
From October 2009 to March 2011, Vibiemme worked diligently with importers, distributors and industry professionals to upgrade their DOMOBAR SUPER Double Boiler espresso machine. One of the main requirements was to design and build a dual boiler espresso machine that would not have any compromises at 15 amps electrical service when compared to 20 amps. We are proud to announce some of the improvements on the new, redesigned, Vibiemme DOMOBAR SUPER Double Boiler.
Version 4.0 now has both boilers (coffee and steam), fully insulated. The drip tray cover has been enhanced with a hole to reduce “splatter” from the 3-way valve, extended below the grouphead.
What lifts the Vibiemme DOMOBAR SUPER Double Boiler espresso machine to the TOP of the line amongst its competitors?
- Double boilers: You can operate the coffee boiler and the steam boiler independently of each other, or run them both at the same time.
- PID (Proportional, Integral, Derivative): This allows you to manage temperature control of the coffee boiler. If you are not sure what PID is, here is an overview.
- Small water reservoir (2.1 liters): Allows approximately 20 double shots to be extracted, before refill. Refill can occur on-the-fly, while the machine is operating. For those who believe a small boiler makes better coffee (due to fresh water displacement), the Vibiemme DOMOBAR SUPER Double Boiler machine will only confirm your beliefs!
- Over pressure valve (OPV): Feeds excess water pressure to the drip tray and not to the water reservoir. The benefit of this, is that it facilitates the direct water connection without causing the reservoir to fill with overflow water (which can get moldy and so requires constant emptying and cleaning).
- Drip tray: Slides out to drain, or may easily be connected to a drain.
- Drain kit included: Drain hose can be purchased at local hardware or plumbing supply store.
- Insulation on coffee boiler/ steam boiler: Helps save energy! The insulation on the coffee boiler also aids in temperature stability for espresso extraction.
- Only 15 amps required: Without the need for any additional switches or internal adjustments.
- Commercial-grade rotary vane pump: Offers the ability to use the internal water reservoir or directly plumb to the water line (manual lever under machine must be moved to indicate appropriate water source, as desired). Includes stainless steel braided hose with 3/8" male thread.
- User programmed offset: The temperature regulation is at the coffee boiler, and the grouphead always has a lower temp. This feature allows the user to program this delta in temperature, as every environment has a different offset.
In addition to achieving optimal temperature stability over previous versions, one of Vibiemme's main goals when redesigning their double boiler machine was to keep the amperage requirement below the 15 amp mark - not only making it easier to find a connection in any household, but also in order to keep energy consumption at a minimum. Thanks to an innovative method of controlling the percentage of power to the heating elements, Vibiemme's Power Management Control System (PMCS) automatically regulates variable power to each heating element. The total amperage draw of the machine will never go over 15 amps, using 110-120 volts.
- Heavy-duty true Vibiemme (Faema-patented) E61 grouphead: Maintains active water flow from the grouphead to the heat exchanger in the boiler.
- Professional-grade brass portafilters: one single-spout portafilter with a 1-cup filter basket, and one double-spout portafilter with a 2-cup filter basket.
- Coffee boiler capacity/ material: 0.5 liter copper boiler - this very small coffee boiler allows quicker displacement of any stale water (this is a significant innovation and improvement from what is the “norm” on larger coffee boilers for machines in this class).
- Steam boiler capacity/ material: 1.9 liter copper boiler.
- Boiler pressure gauge: Indicates steam boiler pressure.
- Pump pressure gauge: Indicates brew pressure during espresso extraction (reading will vary while not extracting).
- Multi-directional stainless steel steam wand: Located on the left side; can be moved in multiple directions.
- Multi-directional stainless steel hot water tap: Located on the right side; can be moved in multiple directions.
- Power indicator light: Located on the right side; indicates when the machine is powered on.
- Heating light: Located on left side; indicates when espresso machine is heating.
- Water level light: Located in the middle; indicates when water level in water reservoir (in rear), is low.
- Three-stage power switch: Allows you to operate the espresso machine with coffee boiler only, with steam boiler only, OR with both boilers simultaneously.
- Jaeger pressurestat: Monitors boiler pressure in steam boiler.
- Extremely large stainless steel drip tray: Can be easily removed for cleaning (slides out with pull of handle). Grate stays on machine when pulling out drip tray to facilitate one-step removal, to empty tray.
- Premium GICAR-branded electronic water level control: Reacts to a .02°C temperature change, in the coffee boiler.
- Rotary vane pump and commercial-grade motor: More quiet than a vibration pump, but please note, that it is more expensive to replace, if damaged. For this reason, regular descaling is important.
- OPV (over pressure valve): Opens when too much pump pressure exists. Located in rear of machine, with easy access (once the body panel, 6 associated screws, and divider are removed). Although the pump has an adjustment screw for regulation, the OPV is an additional feature which manages overflow that may be caused by overpressure from the water company when the machine is plumbed in.
- Accessories included: Single-spout portafilter, double-spout portafilter, 1-cup filter basket, 2-cup filter basket, blind filter basket (for backflushing), plastic coffee scoop, common plastic tamper (we do recommend upgrading to a better quality tamper).
- Made in Milan, Italy.
- Measurements: 16.25" H x 10.6" W x 20" D (41.275cm H x 26.924cm W x 50.8cm D)
- Width (w/ wands extended out): 19.25" (48.895cm)
- Add 4” (10.16cm) to depth, when portafilter is locked in place
- Weight: 84 pounds (38 kilograms)
- Dimensional box weight for shipping due to box size: 100 pounds (45 kilograms)
- Power: 1600 watts, 110 volts, 50-60 hertz, 16 amps; wattage is regulated between both boilers
- Water tank capacity: 0.55 gallons (2.1 liters)
- Coffee Boiler Capacity: 0.13 gallons (0.5 liters)
- Steam Boiler Capacity: 0.5 gallons (1.9 liters)
- Country of Manufacture: Made in Milan, Italy
- Product Safety Listing: UL Commercial for home and office use (please note that NSF approvals have not been applied for use in coffee shops, restaurants, and other foodservice establishments. Please check with your local health department if NSF is required for your foodservice establishment).
- Switch stages: To avoid any confusion in operating the machine:
- Stage 0: Machine is off except low water light 'may' come on if water tank has low water.
- Stage 1 w/ PID OFF: Brew boiler OFF and steam boiler OFF - used for initial refill without damaging the heating elements in either boiler.
- Stage 1 w/ PID ON: Brew boiler ON and steam boiler OFF.
- Stage 2 w/ PID OFF: Brew boiler OFF and steam boiler ON.
- Stage 2 w/ PID ON: Brew boiler ON and steam boiler ON.
- Some assembly required: Feet are not attached to the machine.
- Direct connect mode:
- Setup: There is a screw in the water tank plate that the user can tighten, to hold the plate down so the switch is activated to make the machine think there is water in the reservoir.
- Connecting water line: Water connection at bottom of machine is in the back left corner ~2" from the rear and ~5” from the left side panel. The water connection elbow under the machine is a 1/4" male thread. The included stainless steel braided hose, is 46" long and has the female fitting to connect to the water connection elbow. On the opposite end of the braided hose, there is a 3/8" female thread fitting. It is best to purchase a 3/8"M-3/8"F brass fitting for commercial espresso machines to attach to your water line, and then attach the braided hose to the brass fitting.
- Draining: This model has the capability to drain or not to drain. There is an included plug on the back of the drip tray. The plug can be removed or installed as desired. The machine's drain pipe can be manually directed to drain either to the right or left side of the machine. In either direction, the drain pipe can be angled 4" from either side. The included drain hose is 46" in length and has a 1/4"-3/8” inside diameter which slips onto the machine's drain pipe. The drain hose needs to drop vertically 1" for every 12" it goes horizontally.
- Water line pressure: Should be regulated to be between 35 and 40 pounds for proper operation of this machine. Check with your local water company/ plumbing supply to advise on purchase so as to meet any local building codes. In addition, check with them about any other of your local building codes, which may require a “backflow preventer” (which prevents boiler water from backflowing into water supply).
- Water supply: Connection must be made to a cold water supply line only.
Product WarrantyVibiemme Warranty:
2 Year Parts ONLY (limited to Manufacturer’s Defects, only)