OverviewThis machine is the THE BOMB - Vibiemme quality at its best! The manufacturer has upgraded their most reliable unit (the Vibiemme SUPER HX with tank and vibration pump), with the following features:
- Offers the ability to use the internal water reservoir or directly plumb to the water line (manual lever under machine must be moved to indicate appropriate water source, as desired).
- Ability to manually empty the drip tray or plumb in the drain for the drip tray (no extra parts or kits needed for the machine - all included).
- Rotary vane pump = more quiet operation.
- Internal drainage to the drip tray allows for operation without any water going to the internal reservoir in direct-plumb mode. Other machines drain to the reservoir which then needs to be continuously emptied. This Vibiemme model does not require constant emptying of the reservoir for the flow from the overpressure valve; this in turn prevents mold and mildew build-up, since the reservoir stays dry.
- Adjustment screw under water reservoir allows operation in direct plumb mode, without having to switch any wires on the switch under the reservoir (no separate expensive switches to replace, either).
Features specific to the Vibiemme DOMOBAR SUPER HX Switchable/ Rotary Pump Espresso Machine:
- Use as a stand-alone tank/ reservoir model or make a direct connection to plumb into a water line, by simply moving the lever on the bottom of the machine
- Manual three-way solenoid valve below grouphead allows removal of portafilter handle from grouphead immediately after espresso extraction has terminated
- Quiet rotary vane pump is larger than the vibration pump found on many home model machines
- Insulation on inner wall between water reservoir and internal boiler
Features common to the entire Vibiemme DOMOBAR SUPER Espresso Machine line:
- Heavy-duty true Vibiemme (Faema-patented) E61 grouphead: Maintains active water flow from the grouphead to the heat exchanger in the boiler.
- The heat exchanger allows you to make espresso after espresso, until water reservoir is emptied
- Professional-grade brass portafilters: one single-spout portafilter with a 1-cup filter basket, and one double-spout portafilter with a 2-cup filter basket.
- Boiler Capacity: 1.8 liters plus 200 ml heat exchanger inside (capacities do not include thermosyphon tubes, steam pipe/ hot water tubes, grouphead, etc)
- Removable 2.1 liter pour-over water reservoir
- Boiler pressure gauge: Indicates steam boiler pressure (reading will vary between .8 and 1.2 bar pressure). The setting can be varied by adjusting the full-size pressurestat through the access port under the cup warmer tray on top of machine.
- Pump pressure gauge: Indicates brew pressure during espresso extraction (reading will vary while not extracting).
- Multi-directional stainless steel steam wand: Located on the left side; can be moved in multiple directions.
- Multi-directional stainless steel hot water tap: Located on the right side; can be moved in multiple directions.
- Power indicator light: Located on the right side; indicates when the machine is powered on.
- Heating light: Located on left side; indicates when espresso machine is heating.
- Water level light: Located in the middle; indicates when water level in water reservoir (in rear), is low.
- Three-stage power switch: allows user to fill internal boiler without sending power to the heating element (prevents damage upon initial start up)
- Full-size Parker pressurestat (rated as one of the best boiler pressure regulators): monitors boiler pressure
- Extremely large stainless steel drip tray: Can be easily removed for cleaning (slides out with pull of handle). Grate stays on machine when pulling out drip tray to facilitate one-step removal, when emptying tray.
- Premium GICAR-branded electronic water level control (for internal boiler): is located in lower right rear corner of machine, where there is least amount of heat build-up.
- Rotary vane pump provides quicker ramp-up pressure, at start of espresso extraction; also more quiet than a vibration pump, but please note, that it is more expensive to replace, if damaged. For this reason, regular descaling is important.
- Largest OPV (over pressure valve): Opens when too much pump pressure exists. Located in rear of machine, with easy access (once the body panel, 6 associated screws, and divider are removed).
- Accessories included: Single-spout portafilter, double-spout portafilter, 1-cup filter basket, 2-cup filter basket, blind filter basket (for backflushing), plastic coffee scoop, common plastic tamper (we do recommend upgrading to a better quality tamper).
- Measurements: 16.25" H x 10.6" W x 20" D
- Width (w/ wands extended out): 19.25".
- Weight: ~62 pounds (28 kilograms).
- Power: 1600 watts, 110 volts, 50/60 hertz, 16 amps.
- Boiler Capacity: 1.8 liters plus 200 ml heat exchanger inside (capacities do not include thermosyphon tubes, steam pipe/ hot water tubes, grouphead, etc).
- Water tank capacity: 0.55 gallons (2.1 liters).
- Country of Manufacture: Made in Milan, Italy.
- Product Safety Listing: UL Commercial for home and office use (please note that NSF approvals have not been applied for use in coffee shops, restaurants, and other foodservice establishments. Please check with your local health department if NSF is required for your foodservice establishment).
Product WarrantyVibiemme Warranty:
2 Year Parts ONLY (limited to Manufacturer’s Defects, only)