Another beauty from Elektra that has both “form” and “function” well in-hand! With all the advantages of modern technology enclosed in sophisticated Art Deco styling, the Micro Casa SemiAutomatic SX from the Elektra “Retrò” line will meet all the needs of today’s savvy home barista.
Generating steam for the most inexhaustible of frothy cappuccinos (and also for tea and infusions), the professional group with continuous delivery is made of brass and the boiler (also brass) is equipped with a heat exchanger.
- Bakelite handle on portafilter - wooden handle, as shown, is no longer available on this model
- Three red switches - power, coffee brew, & boiler refill
- Brass eagle situated on dome with wings up
- Large, round base with 10" diameter for stability of unit on countertop
- Water level sight glass with pressure gauge
- Pump-operated to deliver water to grouphead and to refill boiler
- Heat exchanger system with proper temperature to extract the most flavorful espresso beverages!!!
- Only assembly required is the attachment of the steam wand
- Manual water refill switch for boiler
- Boiler pressure relief valve for safety
- Durable brass boiler that provides very dry steam for frothing milk
- Extended steam wand away from boiler
- Twist knob-controlled steam valve for quick turn on and off!
- Three-way solenoid valve to relieve pressure in grouphead when finished extracting espresso to avoid "espresso explosion" when removing the portafilter handle
- Top-loading water basin for easy refill and for continuous water delivery (manual switch by operator) so machine does not have to be shut down like hand lever models
- Armour-plated, 800 watt heating element
- Automatic pressure/ temperature regulator
- Measurements (w/ handle): 21" H x 10.24" W x 10.24" D (53 cm H x 26 cm W x 26 cm D).
- The eagle on the top of the machine is ~3.75" tall.
- The maximum cup height under the portafilter is ~2.875".
- Weight: 24.25 pounds (11 kilograms).
- Power: 800 watts, 110 volts, 60 hertz, 15 amps.
- Boiler capacity: 33.8 ounces (1.8 liters).
- Filter basket size: 49-50 mm.
- Made in Treviso, Italy.
- Warranty Note: Please note that it is very important to use “softened water” in these machines, as well as all espresso machines. Hard water will cause these machines to malfunction, and Elektra will not cover the parts warranty due to hard water. In addition, it is extremely important to run the Vertical A1, Leva and SemiAutomatic machines with water at least 25% full in the sight glass. Running these models with a water level lower than this can cause heating element damage which will not be covered under warranty as this is not a manufacturer's defect. If you return the unit with a damaged heating element, you will be charged for the repair, and the repair charge will be deducted from the credit.
- The exterior color, which includes a clear coat finish, will naturally change as each Elektra machine ages. The inside of the water reservoir will discolor with the use of hard water (high in magnesium and/ or calcium) or distilled/ purified water. These items would not be covered under warranty as they are not considered manufacturer's defects.
- The water in the boiler is not used to make coffee. The water to make coffee comes directly from the reservoir and passes through a pipe in the bottom boiler for flash heating. If cold water passes through this pipe, the change in temperature will cause the boiler water (sight glass) to fluctuate. The only time the water level in the sight glass should change is when:
- the steamer is used and the water level drops, or
- the red button on the left hand side of the base is depressed and held to refill the boiler.
- There is a safety feature on this machine when water is not pumped into the boiler on initial startup. If this isn't performed correctly, the safety kicks off and the machine will have to be reset. On the bottom of the machine underneath the yellow cap there is a reset button for the safety thermostat.
- To learn more about this espresso machine, read Home-Barista.com's Buyer's Guide to the Elektra Micro Casa Semiautomatic.
- This machine is for home use only.
- Assembly Required: Eagle needs to be attached to dome, by owner.
- CAUTION: ALL SURFACES ARE HOT AND CAN CAUSE BURNS
Product WarrantyElektra Warranty:
2 Year Parts & Labor (limited to Manufacturer’s Defects, only)
Warranty Note: It is very important to use “softened water” in these machines (as in all espresso machines). Hard water will cause these machines to malfunction, and Elektra will not cover the parts warranty due to hard water. In addition, it is extremely important to run the Vertical A1, Leva and SemiAutomatic machines with water at least 25% full in the sight glass. Running these models with a water level lower than this can cause heating element damage which will not be covered under warranty as this is not a manufacturer's defect. If you return the unit with a damaged heating element, you will be charged for the repair, and the repair charge will be deducted from the credit.