Love the quality components, features, and design of Baratza's home grinders but need even more control? Enter the Vario-W, yet another innovation in grinder tech from Baratza. The SCAA award winning Vario-W, a weight-based grinder, eliminates the need to weigh the beans before grinding. With its built-in electronic scale, fully integrated control panel, and automatic stop at +/- 0.2 grams of target weight, the Vario-W equips baristas at home or in the cafe brew bar with the ability to turn out coffee after coffee with accuracy and convenience.
Weight-based grinding for extreme accuracy makes it easier to make that perfect cup of coffee. Baratza’s groundbreaking Vario-W is a fully integrated real-time weight-based grinder. It has all the features of the Vario including small footprint, macro/ micro adjustment, ceramic burrs, and a broad range of grind, but uses a weight-based dosing approach rather than a time-based approach.
This professional-grade grinder fits anywhere, from your kitchen to your office to your café. The Vario-W was initially designed for use in a manual brew bar in a café, eliminating the need to manually pre-weigh coffee beans. The built-in precision load cell provides accurate weighing, while grinding, to within 0.1 grams. Three user-programmable buttons make for repeatable, one-touch grinding.
The design is beautiful as well as functional. The Vario-W’s intuitive macro/micro adjustments offer 230 distinct and repeatable settings for any style of coffee. The Vario-W’s unique 54mm ceramic flat burrs provide accurate, fast-grinding (averaging 2 g/ sec) performance and remain sharp twice as long as the best steel burrs. The high-torque DC motor and belt drive transmission mean your beans are in for a smooth, cool ride.
As always, it’s not just what’s inside that matters; the Vario-W’s smooth operation carries over from internal to external, with front-mounted, easy-access control units, a 5oz grounds coffee collection bin.
- Burrs: The Vario-Series 54mm professional ceramic flat burrs produce accurate grinding, high throughput and remain sharp twice as long as the highest quality steel burrs. The Vario Series grinds 1.6 grams/ second for espresso and 2.2 grams/ second for Press. The broad range of grind (230 microns to 1150 microns) and the bi-modul particle distribution (presence of calculated fines) are the hallmarks of the superiority of the Series burrs.
- Digital Control Panel: The front-mounted control panel with LED display is easy and intuitive. Three programmable buttons allow the user to program in the desired weight (+/- 0.1). Simply press the START button and the Vario-W automatically delivers precise dosing.
- Grind Adjustment: The Vario-W offers macro and micro adjust for fine tuning with ease. The macro adjust moves from fine to coarse grinding in 10 distinct and repeatable settings. A secondary micro adjust arm further divides each of the 10 macro steps into 20 distinct settings. These steps enable you to dial in the exact grind for the perfect shot.
- Grinds left in Grinder: To maximize freshness, the Vario-W minimizes the ground coffee left in the grinder.
- Motor: A powerful, high torque DC motor effortlessly drives the burrs. This motor turns slowly resulting in cool, quiet operation and permits long grinding duty-cycles. The circuitry is equipped with an automatically resetting, thermal cutoff switch.
- Calibration: The Vario-W is calibrated at the factory to ensure an accurate range of grind. If necessary, the Vario-W burrs can be easily calibrated using the special calibration tool that comes with the grinder.
- Cleaning: Burrs are easily removable with no tools, making cleaning very easy.
Brewing Methods: The Vario-W is exceptional for espresso and manual pour brewing methods.
Accessories (which may be purchased separately)
- Hopper Extender: An extension that can add 9oz of capacity to the existing 8oz bean hopper. Several extenders can be added, to get the capacity you need.
- Steel Burrs: 54mm flat steel burrs are available for the Vario-Series. The steel burrs are dedicated to grinding for all brew methods including espresso through manual brew and beyond. They have been designed to enhance the flavor in the cup with a broad range of grind range (230 microns to 1150 microns) and a narrow particle distribution (lack of fines), the hallmarks of the superiority with the Vario Series steel burrs.
- Speed To Grind: 1.6g/ sec – 2.2g/ sec
- Burrs: 54mm ceramic burrs
- Bean Hopper Capacity: 8 oz (230g)
- Grounds Bin Capacity: 6.3 oz (180g)
- Weight: 9 lbs (4.1kg)
- Dimensions WxHxD: 5.12”x14.17”x7.09” (13cmx36cmx18cm)
- Power Rating (North America): 120V AC; 180 Watts; 50/ 60 Hz; 1.5 Amp
- No Load Burr Speed: 1350 RPM
- Safety Listing: UL/ CSA/ CE/ EK
- Designed & Engineered: Seattle, WA, USA