Great coffees balance sweetness, acidity and body to create the perfect cup of coffee. The Baratza Vario is a perfect example of a great grinder combining ease-of-use and a sleek appearance with a penchant for bringing out fantastic flavors in your beans.
Graduate to the Prosumer class with the Vario, the grinder that built Baratza’s reputation in the coffee world for serious quality and innovation. The Vario boasts a small footprint, fitting equally well on kitchen counters and office coffee stations. Digitally timed grinding, a control panel with three programmable buttons, and an all metal portafilter holder enable efficient workflow whether you’re a home barista or a pro, while the 54mm ceramic flat burr set creates a consistent particle distribution. The result? Outstanding flavor in the cup.
This professional-grade grinder fits anywhere, from your kitchen to your office to your café. While sporting a small footprint, the Vario features an impressive range of capabilities, boasting 230 distinct and repeatable grind settings from fine grind for espresso to course grind for press pot.
The design is beautiful as well as functional. Vario’s intuitive macro/micro adjustments make it easy to get the grind for a perfect espresso finish. Need something a little different? With a simple slide of the lever, you can switch from espresso to other coffee styles. And it couldn’t be easier to get the perfect amount — digital timers and three user-programmable buttons make accurate one-touch dosing and repeatable grind times a snap.
The Vario has unique 54mm ceramic flat burrs provide accurate, fast-grinding performance and remain sharp for twice as long as the best steel burrs. The high-torque DC motor and belt drive transmission mean your beans are in for a smooth, cool ride.
As always, it’s not just what’s inside that matters; the smooth operation of the Vario carries over from internal to external, with front-mounted, easy-access control units, an 8 oz. grounds coffee collection bin, and Baratza’s exclusive PortaHolder for hands-free grinding into an espresso machine portafilter.
Smooth and flavorful. That’s your coffee. That’s your grinder. Let the Vario bring out the best in your cup and your coffee, from home to work to the world.
- Burrs: The Vario’s 54 mm professional ceramic flat burrs produce accurate grinding, high throughput and remain sharp for twice as long as the highest quality steel burrs. The Vario grinds 1.6 grams/second at Espresso and 2.2 grams/second at Press. The broad range of grind (230 microns to 1150 microns) and the narrow particle distribution (lack of fines) are the hallmarks of the superiority of the Vario burrs.
- Digital Control Panel: The front mounted control panel with LED display is easy and intuitive. Three programmable buttons allow for grind time setting within 0.1 second (about 0.2 gram). Simply press the START button and the Vario automatically delivers precise dosing.
- Grind Adjustment: The Vario offers macro and micro adjust for fine tuning with ease. The macro adjust moves from espresso to press pot in 10 distinct and repeatable settings. A secondary micro adjust arm further divides each of the 10 macro steps into 20 distinct settings. These steps enable you to dial in the exact grind for the perfect shot.
- Grinds left in Grinder: To maximize freshness, the Vario minimizes the ground coffee left in the grinder.
- Motor: A powerful, high torque DC motor effortlessly drives the burrs. This motor turns slowly resulting in cool, quiet operation and permits long grinding duty-cycles. The circuitry is equipped with an automatically resetting, thermal cutoff switch.
- Calibration: The Vario is calibrated at the factory to ensure an accurate range of grind. If necessary, the Vario burrs can be easily calibrated using the special calibration tool that comes with the grinder.
- Portaholder: The Vario now comes standard with the Metal PortaHolder. When we launched the Forté-AP with the Metal PortaHolder we got a lot of interest to change out the Vario plastic PortaHolder with the heavy-duty metal PortaHolder. The Vario body needed some minor changes for a perfect, non-slip fit of the Metal PortaHolder. All the modifications have been made and going forward all Vario grinders will be shipping with a Metal PortaHolder. The regular 8 oz grounds bin is also included.
- Cleaning: Burrs are easily removable with no tools, making cleaning very easy.
Brewing Methods: The Vario is exceptional for espresso and manual pour brewing methods.
Accessories (which may be purchased separately)
- Hopper Extender: An extension that can add 9oz of capacity to the existing 8oz bean hopper. Several extenders can be added, to get the capacity you need.
- Speed To Grind: 1.6g/ sec – 2.2g/ sec
- Burrs: 54mm ceramic burrs
- Bean Hopper Capacity: 8 oz (230g)
- Grounds Bin Capacity: 6.3 oz (180g)
- Weight: 9 lbs (4.1kg)
- Dimensions WxHxD: 5.12”x14.17”x7.09” (13cmx36cmx18cm)
- Power Rating (North America): 120V AC; 180 Watts; 50/ 60 Hz; 1.5 Amp
- No Load Burr Speed: 1350 RPM
- Safety Listing: UL/ CSA/ CE/ EK
- Designed & Engineered: Seattle, WA, USA