STEEL Uno Professional - Version 3 Improvements
As of April 2015 production:
- Ascaso is combining the ground & pod systems into one machine; this means: no more conversion kits!
- There is a New grouphead design (now made of 100% solid brass)
- There are no internal changes from V2
Hand-crafted and hand-made, there’s a little bit of love in every Ascaso espresso machine, and the Ascaso STEEL Uno Professional is an extraordinary example of this philosophy and love of craftsmanship. Ascaso has incorporated many improvements in Version 3, over the initial version:
- Increased cup height between portafilter and drip tray (to 3.35 inches)
- Lateral removable water reservoir (from right side) allows easy access for refilling and cleaning without moving the machine away from overhead cabinets. The clear reservoir also allows you view the water level.
- The cool touch and multi-directional steam wand allows brief handling for moving the wand after steaming your milk
- A rubber protector over the wand allows for holding the wand for longer periods of time
- The steam wand is now made of stainless steel
- The 325cL brass boiler (with nickel-plating) incorporates a professional grade three-way solenoid valve
- The professional-grade 58mm portafilter handle is designed with a 10 degree tilt, for ergonomic handling
- A non-slip grip on the portafilter handle, offers the home espresso aficionado the comfort of the professional barista
- Highly polished filter baskets with microfine smooth holes provide superior extraction over the old baskets
- Ascaso includes a solid aluminum tamper
Ascaso has outlined the following advantages of the STEEL Uno Professional over competing models in similar price ranges, and these include:
- Large size cup warmer (~14.5" x 10.6")
- Side rails (rear rail was removed from machines for the USA to provide greater area for cup warmer)
- Exterior body completely made of stainless
- Boiler over grouphead design allows water to evenly heat grouphead whereas some other models have the boiler offset from the grouphead
- Steam wand is multi-directional, professional 10mm grade, made in stainless, and includes internal hard plastic lining for cool touch capability and a 1 hole steam tip
- Ergonomic, no-slip grip, professional grade portafilter assembly
To enjoy the Ascaso STEEL Uno Professional, it is important to run water through the steam wand after every steaming session, to descale the machine every 3-4 months, and to backflush once every 50 espresso extractions. In addition, if a timer is used to power up the machine, it is important to have the coffee, hot water and steam switches in the off position to avoid damage, and it is important to place a surge suppressor (rated 1080 joules or higher) between the machine's electrical plug and the timer, as timers can cause surge damage. The water reservoir should be cleaned manually with non-abrasive dish detergent once every two weeks, and the drip tray should be emptied and cleaned at least every 3 days.
During normal operation, there is approximately a 30-45 second wait time, to go from “coffee” mode to “steam” mode (after depressing the steam switch). One should always purge the steam wand before steaming/ frothing milk. After steaming milk, the operator can close the steam valve and depress the steam switch “off.” After placing a cup under the steam wand, the operator can rotate the steam valve/ knob to the “open” position, and the hot water switch must be depressed for the pump to activate, so that the water that is too hot can exit through the wand, and the temperature of the boiler can be brought down to make additional espresso.
Also, the three-way solenoid valve operates to relieve the pressure on the filter basket immediately when you depress the coffee switch to “off.” This prevents the so-called “explosion” of coffee grounds that commonly occurs on home espresso machines built without three-way solenoid valves. The solenoid valve on this machine also assists in creating a dry puck after extraction (please note there are certain coffees, grinds, and amounts of coffee that will make a wet-extracted puck which no three-way valve can compensate for).
Enjoy the Ascaso STEEL Uno Professional while preparing your favorite beverages, all in the comfort of your own home … espresso, cappuccino, latte, cafe americano, and hot chocolate, to name just a few!
Style Number: SUbfVbr3
- Brushed stainless steel finished body over a black enamel painted steel frame.
- Water reservoir removable from the right SIDE of the machine
- Nickel-plated brass boiler capacity: ~325cc.
- Brass boiler is located directly over the brass grouphead for superior temperature stability compared to boilers that are offset from the grouphead.
- Ergonomic-styled brass filter handle with plastic grip.
- Slide out drip tray made of plastic for easy cleaning (please note drip tray cover is part of machine). Front portion of pull out drip tray is in brushed stainless steel.
- Four selection switches: power on/off, espresso extracting, hot water, and coffee/steam mode.
- Vent in top rear of machine allow heat near water reservoir to escape.
- Blue lights (left to right) indicate power, heating (on when heating in coffee or steam mode), pump for hot water on, and steam mode (on when machine is in steam mode).
- Three-way solenoid valve allows the immediate removal of the filter handle when the espresso extraction is completed. The three way valve also allows the user to backflush the grouphead.
- Multi-directional steam wand allows the desired angle of the steam wand into the steaming pitcher (recommended size 20 oz or less) on counter or placement over drip tray.
- Passive cup warmer on top with side guard rails (top back rail was removed for the US market)
- Measurements: ~11" W (including steam knob) or ~14" with steam wand extended out to side by ~14.0" H (including rail) in rear and ~15" H in front (including rail) by ~11.5" D from back panel to front of inserted drip tray and ~16.5 from back to tip of portafilter handle"
- Water tank: 2 liters
- Body: Brushed stainless steel
- Recommended tamper size: 58mm
- Weight: ~28.5 lbs including accessories
- Voltage: 120 volts
- Power: 1000 watts
- Pump Pressure: up to 16 bar (only 9 bar is needed to make espresso)
- Temperature controlled with coffee thermostat and steam thermostat placed on boiler wall
- Accessories Included: filter handle with dual spouts, single cup filter basket, double cup filter basket, aluminum tamper (57mm), pod filter basket, instruction manual, and quick start guide
- Manufactured in Barcelona, Spain. Please note that inside Ascaso's 21st century warehouse, every Ascaso machine is tested with water and with testing equipment to ensure the highest quality standards are achieved.
- The instructional manuals for Ascaso are printed for worldwide distribution and covers almost every model produced worldwide. With this in mind, there may be features, accessories, or colors available in Ascaso equipment in other countries, but not available in our models produced for the United States.
- Ascaso provides a 57mm tamper so it can reach deeper into the basket and in case one chooses to utilize different baskets where a 58mm will not fit.
- This machine is designed primarily for ground coffee. The pod filter basket works alright with ESE pods on this machine, but not as well as pods would work on Ascaso's “Versatile” models.
Product WarrantyAscaso Warranty:
2 Year Parts & Labor (limited to Manufacturer’s Defects, only)