Major features of the Forté line include its ability to grind by time or by weight, plus three user-programmable buttons for accurate one-touch dosing and repeatable grinding. Feedback from coffee professionals has been that weight-based grinding seriously improves their workflow and efficiency. The Forté is available in two configurations. The Forté-BG (Brew Grinder) is designed for manual brewing and comes with a 54mm flat steel burr and a grounds bin. The Forté-AP (All Purpose Grinder) can grind from coarse to fine and comes with a 54mm flat ceramic burr, grounds bin for use when grinding by weight, plus a portaholder for use when grinding directly to your portafilter.
The Forté-AP is a compact, commercial grade grinder, dedicated to grinding for ALL brew methods. The Forté-AP incorporates many features that fit well into commercial operations, including: all metal construction; small footprint; intuitive control panel; and solid macro/micro adjustment. The Forté-AP offers the ability to grind by time, for espresso dosing, or by weight. Coffee professionals find the Forté-AP to be a versatile grinder for many situations – as a small restaurant and office espresso/ brew grinder, as a Roaster demo grinder for wholesale tasting, or being a dedicated grinder for decaf or single origin in a café. In response to the Vario-W success, and growing demand for this approach to grinding in the commercial environment, Baratza has developed the Forté-AP, essentially re-designing the guts of the Vario-W, for commercial use.
The Forté-AP is a durable workhorse using a 54mm flat ceramic burr, which produces an accurate and precise grind, delivering exceptional cup quality for brew methods from espresso to press pot. The Forté-AP design includes a grinding assembly with a threaded burr holder which screws firmly into an all metal grinding chamber for a more accurate grind. A larger gear to belt ratio, combined with a more efficient DC motor increases the speed of grind and duty cycle.
- Intuitive Interface: The Forté-AP allows you to dose by weight or time. Our signature dose-by-weight is accurate to plus or minus 0.2 gram. The touch activation awakens your screen with LED backlit technology. The touch screen controls all operations with three programmable dose presets; Up or Down arrows to increase or decrease dose values; and TARE, MANUAL, START or STOP.
- Espresso Dosing: A unique feature of the Forté–AP is the ability to convert a weight preset into a timed value that is accurate within plus or minus .5 grams of the set point. This allows for weight oriented dosing for espresso.
- Burrs: The Forté-AP grinder comes with 54mm ceramic flat burrs for accurate and precise grinding. The Forté-AP grinds at an average of 2.0g/ sec for espresso and 3.5 to 3.7g/ sec for press pot. The range of grind is 230 to 1150 microns.
- Adjustment/ Grind Range: An all-metal macro and micro adjustment system produces a positive feel and secure grind setting. The macro-adjust moves from fine to coarse grinding in 10 distinct and repeatable settings. A secondary micro-adjust further divides each of the 10 macro steps into 26 distinct settings. These steps, plus the new metal detents, enable fine-tuning with ease, dialing in the exact grind for the preferred brew method being used.
- Hopper: The hopper holds approximately 300g of coffee. An innovative bean shutoff feature in the collar permits no-mess, no-fuss hopper removal for changing out beans. Bean “waste” (below the stopper) averages a surprisingly low 10g, once the hopper has been shut off (all weights are bean density dependent). A hopper extension is available that can add an additional 250g of capacity.
- Re-Calibrating Burrs: The Forté-AP is calibrated at the factory to ensure an accurate range of grind. If necessary, the Forté-AP burrs can be easily re-calibrated using the special calibration tool that comes with the grinder.
- Cleaning Burrs: Burrs can easily be removed for cleaning, using the cast zinc tool that is included with your Forté.
Accessories (which may be purchased separately)
- Hopper Extender: An extension that can add 250g of capacity to the existing 300g bean hopper. Several extenders can be added, to get the capacity you need.
- Speed To Grind: Espresso 2g/ sec – Press 3.5 to 3.7g/ sec
- Burrs: 54mm ceramic burrs by Ditting
- Bean Hopper Capacity: 10 oz (300-400g), depending on size & density of bean
- Grounds Bin Capacity: 6 oz (170g)
- Weight: 13 lbs (6kg)
- Dimensions WxHxD: 5.12”x14.17”x7.09” (13cmx36cmx18cm)
- Power Rating (North America): 120V AC; 240 Watts; 50/ 60 Hz; 2.0 Amp
- No Load Burr Speed: 1950 RPM
- Safety Listing: UL/ CSA/ CE/ EK
- Designed & Engineered: Seattle, WA, USA