Major features of the Forté line include its ability to grind by time or by weight, plus three user-programmable buttons for accurate one-touch dosing and repeatable grinding. Feedback from coffee professionals has been that weight-based grinding seriously improves their workflow and efficiency. The Forté is available in two configurations. The Forté-BG (Brew Grinder) is designed for manual or batch brewing and uses a 54mm steel flat burr. The Forté-AP (All Purpose) uses a 54mm ceramic flat burr.
Dubbed the “Sexiest Coffee Grinder Alive” by Sprudge.com, the Forté-BG is dedicated to efficiency at the brew bar. With 54mm steel flat burrs offering grind consistency with very few fines, this workhorse welcomes the busiest rush at your pour-over station. Fast grinding speed and great particle distribution results in efficient workflow for baristas and great cup quality for your customers.
The Forté-BG is a compact, weight-based, commercial grade grinder, dedicated to grinding for brew methods requiring a medium to coarse grind. The Forté-BG incorporates many features that fit well into commercial operations, including: all metal construction; small footprint; intuitive control panel; and solid macro/ micro adjustment. Coffee professionals have learned, from using the Vario-W in the brew bar setting, that weight-based grinding improved their workflow and efficiency. In response to the Vario-W success, and growing demand for this approach to grinding in the commercial environment, Baratza has developed the Forté-BG, essentially re-designing the guts of the Vario-W, for commercial use.
The Forté-BG is a durable powerhouse, which produces an accurate and precise grind, delivering exceptional cup quality for all brew methods including espresso, brewed or dripped coffees and press pot. The Forté-BG design includes a grinding assembly with a threaded burr holder which screws firmly into an all metal grinding chamber for a more accurate grind. A larger gear to belt ratio, combined with a more efficient DC motor, increases the speed of grind and duty cycle.
- Intuitive Interface: The Forté-BG allows you to dose by weight or time. Our signature dose-by-weight is accurate to plus or minus 0.2 gram. The touch activation awakens your screen with LED backlit technology. The touch screen controls all operations with three programmable dose presets; Up or Down arrows to increase or decrease dose values; and TARE, MANUAL, START or STOP.
- Burrs: The Forté-BG grinder comes with 54mm steel burrs that produce an accurate and consistent grind for a variety of manual and small batch brews. Our steel burrs were specifically designed to reduce the fines, enhancing flavor in the cup. The broad range of grind (230 microns to 1150 microns) and the narrow particle distribution (lack of fines) are the hallmarks of the superiority of the Forté-BG burrs.
- Adjustment/ Grind Range: An all-metal macro and micro adjustment system produces a positive feel and secure grind setting. The macro-adjust moves from fine to coarse grinding in 10 distinct and repeatable settings. A secondary micro-adjust further divides each of the 10 macro steps into 26 distinct settings. These steps, plus the new metal detents, enable fine-tuning with ease, dialing in the exact grind for the preferred brew method being used.
- Hopper: The hopper holds approximately 300g of coffee. An innovative bean shutoff feature in the collar permits no-mess, no-fuss hopper removal for changing out beans. Bean “waste” (below the stopper) averages a surprisingly low 10g, once the hopper has been shut off (all weights are bean density dependent). A hopper extension is available that can add an additional 250g of capacity.
- Re-Calibrating Burrs: The Forté-BG is calibrated at the factory to ensure an accurate range of grind. If necessary, the Forté-BG burrs can be easily re-calibrated using the special calibration tool that comes with the grinder.
- Cleaning Burrs: Burrs can easily be removed for cleaning, using the cast zinc tool that is included with your Forté.
Accessories (which may be purchased separately)
- Hopper Extender: An extension that can add 250g of capacity to the existing 300g bean hopper. Several extenders can be added, to get the capacity you need.
- Speed To Grind: AeroPress 1.2g/ sec – Press 2.4g/ sec
- Burrs: 54mm steel burrs by Ditting
- Bean Hopper Capacity: 10 oz (300-400g), depending on size & density of bean
- Grounds Bin Capacity: 6 oz (170g)
- Weight: 13 lbs (6kg)
- Dimensions WxHxD: 5.12”x14.17”x7.09” (13cmx36cmx18cm)
- Power Rating (North America): 120V AC; 240 Watts; 50/ 60 Hz; 2.0 Amp
- No Load Burr Speed: 1950 RPM
- Safety Listing: UL/ CSA/ CE/ EK
- Designed & Engineered: Seattle, WA, USA